SOUTH WINDSOR 1ST
· Director of Land Use/City Planner. Middletown, CT
· Interim Town Manager. Berlin, CT
· Town Planner. Berlin, CT
· Senior Planner. Greenwich, CT
· Masters in Public Administration. University of Connecticut
· Master of Arts in Economics. University of Connecticut
· Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Geography. University of Connecticut
Citizenship in the Community
· Town Council. South Windsor. 2021-Present
· Board of Education. South Windsor. 2019-2021
· Energy Committee. South Windsor. 2019-2021
· IWWC/CC Member Alternate Member. South Windsor. 2018-2019.
· Executive Board. Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association (CCAPA). 2018-Present
· CCAPA Treasurer. 2022-Present
· Member. Southern New England Planning Association Conference Committee. 2015-Present (Co-Chair 2020-Present)
· Bottles for Ballet Bottle Drive. Rave Dance Team Booster Club. 2019-Present
Open Space Preservation
· Coordinated the acquisition and preservation of over 200 acres of forested land and farmland in Middletown.
· Facilitated a DEEP Open Space and Watershed Acquisition grant application that awarded the City of Middletown a $372,000 grant for the purchase of an 83 acre tract of forested land, saving it from subdivision development.
· Created and pushed zoning legislation for mixed use development along the Berlin Turnpike and transit oriented development in Berlin, Connecticut.
· Created and pushed zoning legislation for mixed use, commercial, and residential development throughout the City of Middletown.
· Created and pushed Town Ordinance revision to expand bid preference ordinances to expand opportunities to local farmers to lease Town owned land in South Windsor.
· Defended against predatory development of affordable housing in the Town of Berlin.
· Facilitated the creation of the Middletown Affordable Housing Plan.
· Created and pushed zoning legislation to expand mid-density (2-6 units) housing development in the City of Middletown.
· Influenced affordable housing requirements for proposed multi-family developments in South Windsor.
· Coordinated grant applications for expansions of ADA transportation in the Middletown Region.
· Assist in the expansion of the Airline Trail Corridor, multi-use trail.
· Advocate for the planning and creation of complete streets.
· Leading in the planning effort for pedestrian access to the Middletown riverfront from the City’s vibrant Downtown Main Street.
Support Marek by donating to his campaign.
Paid for by Marek Kozikowski for South Windsor, Phil Koboski, Treasurer